Sunday, March 14, 2010

The Day Jill Saw a Monkey and Fainted

I felt the need to make my first entry on Jill’s blog today. Jill had been asking me all week to take her to a park here called Macritchie Reservoir Park. We loaded up around noon today and went to the park for a hike. As those of you that know me well, hiking is exactly how I like to spend my weekends. However, I was told that we might see some monkeys so I have to admit I was pretty excited.




Sure enough, not far into our hike we spotted some monkeys in a part of the forest that had been cleared. Judging by their reaction to us when we walked up, I think they may have seen people once or twice. They didn’t even acknowledge us, they just kept eating and sleeping like no one was around. So, I might have misled you with the title, Jill didn’t actually faint when she saw a monkey that part comes later. We continued our trip into the forest. Did I mention it was hot? Shortly we spotted a different type of monkey; these were smaller and were doing acrobatics from tree to tree.












Now we have started back towards the car but of course it started to pour. I guess that is why they call it rain forest? So we started running to the nearest cover we could find. Luckily, there was a covered park bench les s than 200 yds away and we were able to get under it before we got too wet. Now before you imagine some large covered park pavilion, let me stop you. This was a covered seating area big enough for about 4 people. Now that wouldn’t be that bad if we had of found it first but two large Chinese families were already squeezed underneath. Honestly, they couldn’t have been nicer.




After standing underneath this crowded park covering for an hour, Jill whispers that she is getting light headed. This warning came about two seconds before she fainted. I mentioned that it was hot. Fortunately, I was able to catch her before she fell. Our new friends had some water so we were able to get Jill nursed back to health. The rain broke shortly after and we headed back home unharmed but I will always remember it as the day Jill saw a monkey and fainted.

1 comment:

  1. Haha ... not at Jill fainting but just the way Ryan wrote the title.

    ReplyDelete