Thursday, April 21, 2011

"Sweet As, Mate"

According to urbandictionary.com, "Sweet As" is the second most common phrase used ('Awesome' is #1)in New Zealand. I will have to disagree and say it IS THE MOST used phrase in New Zealand or it was the week of April 11 when we were there. It is/was our favorite saying of the Kiwis (Kiwis are flightless birds unique to New Zealand so, it's what the people of NZ are called). And not only can 'as' be added to the end of sweet but pretty much any word you want to emphasis the meaning. Bro is often added to the end as well. I tell you all of this because if you were to ask me how our trip to New Zealand was I would tell you it was 1: Sweet As and 2: Awesome! Really, words can't describe how amazingly beautiful the South Island of New Zealand is. I of course took a TON of pictures so I think I will break up the blog into three parts: Wineries, Scenery and Hunting (I'll let Ryan take care of this one though).

I'll leave you with the picture below as I work on New Zealand: The Wineries post.

No comments:

Post a Comment