Wednesday, December 7, 2011

So Much to Be Thankful For

Ryan and I  were able to spend over 2 weeks at home over the Thanksgiving holiday. Neither of us had been home for a holiday since 2009 and I hadn't spent Thanksgiving with my family (or had a Thanksgiving meal for that matter) since 2008!
Thanksgiving in the Barn


Me and my baby brother

Ryan was able to hunt a little while he was home but much to his disappointment didn't get anything. (He keeps forgetting about those two awesome deer he got in New Zealand ;-) Most of our time was spent seeing friends and family and shopping!! We both needed a whole new wardrobe for the cold weather in Scotland. It was quite an interesting task getting all of it back to Singapore!

Since we are not able to make the trip back home for Christmas we also celebrated and exchanged gifts with both families.
Christmas at the Mahans'
Ryan showing off his new coat!
Unofficial Christmas picture-I thought it turned out cute!






Mom and I trying to stay warm in front of the fire at Bass Pro
Me and Papa Bear
Christmas, Residence Inn Style :-)

My friend, Sarah, came down from Virginia to run the White Rock 1/2 Marathon with me. She's the 'crazy' who talked me into running The Great Wall of China Marathon in May. She moved from Singapore in August; it was so great to see her! The run was wet and cold but we had a great time anyway!

Sarah and I trying to stay warm and dry before the race started.

Ryan and I are thankful for each other, our wonderful families (especially our incredible and selfless parents), our friends (no matter how long it's been since we've seen them we always pick right back up where we left off), our health, and the amazing opportunities we've had to travel and live in the wonderful places we do/will. We often come back from home trips more exhausted then when we left but I don't think we'd change that for anything! Hoping everyone had a blessed Thanksgiving holiday. These next few weeks are going to be crazy with the big move coming up but please check back for our new blog address and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year's wishes! Lots of love! XO

No comments:

Post a Comment