Monday, July 4, 2011

Black and White

(This should have been posted a long time ago....oops)

Back in May, my friend Alaina and I went on a tour of the Black and White colonial homes in Singapore. (I went on this tour with my mom and her friend Susan when they were visiting last year but never got around to making a post.)

The Black and White homes were built between 1898-1941 when Singapore was a British colony. They have since torn down many and only about 300 remain. They are all owned by the Singapore government.


What a great family room.
This house chose to use a little color in the theme. Each room was painted a different color.


This veranda was my favorite part of the house. It wraps around the entire upstairs.


Love the exposed beams.

This was the new house on the tour. It was huge and followed a black and white theme throughout.

Look at this cute little guy. I love a cute pup and this one didn't mind 20 people invading his space!



They used the bed to divide this huge bedroom.


This house is called a long house. It reminds me a little of the ranch style homes in Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment