Thursday, February 18, 2010

Week One

I can’t really say what I expected Singapore to be but it is exactly as I expected. It is clean, safe, hot, humid and busy! There are shops and restaurants everywhere! I can’t even begin to explain the malls here, they are endless and there is no way one person can see all the shops Singapore has to offer. I will post pictures at a later date.

Our first week was good, we both agreed it was a lot easier getting around than we though it would be and a lot of that can be credited to Heather our GPS, my tourist books given as a wedding gift by my mom (Thanks Mom!), and our few friends from Texas/Louisiana that live here. We found 2 pretty awesome grocery stores; we are going to be able to get just about everything we need for just a small fortune. For instance, we paid approx $10 for a box of Apple Jacks and $3 for one can of Rotel….this will definitely take some getting used to. We also paid $13 for a 12 pack of Dr. Pepper but the look on Ryan’s face when I showed him the display was worth every penny! Ryan only drove on the wrong side of the rode once and only threatened to cut off a few (and by a few, I mean at least 10) cars for driving terribly (if you know Ryan, you know bad driving drives him crazy). I am glad that I will not be able to drive over here; I will depend on public transportation.

Our first weekend here was Chinese New Year so everything pretty much shuts down except restaurants. We went down to the river where they had a carnival. We were still so jet lagged that we didn’t last long but were able to get a few pictures of all the decorations (I will have to post pictures later, they are on my other camera and I don't have the USB cord to connect to the computer-it made it in the sea freight on accident). The river area, better known here as Clark Quay (pronounced Key), is a really neat area with tons of restaurants! Almost all the restaurants face the river and have outdoor seating.

We visited the Botanic Gardens and only pictures can describe this place. There were endless plants, trees and flowers, and jogging trails-there is no way in the 2 hours we were there that we saw everything. And we both got pretty excited about the cacti (see picture)! Katy, the turtle pictures are for you…Ryan asked me why I like turtles so much and I said because of Katy, duh! I don’t go anywhere with turtles without taking a picture for you!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I will try to post weekly with pictures and stories! Enjoy and thank you visiting our blog.

1 comment:

  1. I love the name of your blog! So cute! I am really glad you are here in Singpoare, and can't wait to get together again!

    ReplyDelete